November 25, 2016
Mozambique: Evidence and Learning Note Lessons – What Works in Business Environment Reform in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia
The objectives of this Evidence and Learning Assignment for DFID Mozambique are:
- To provide evidence of what works and doesn’t work in business environment reform and investment climate reform based on DFID’s programmes in selected countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- To answer a set of key questions identified by DFID such as (a) what are the absolute prerequisites to starting a BER/IC programme? (b) can BER/IC programmes be designed to suit varying levels of political commitment for reform? and (c) how can DFID help BER/IC reform sustain through election cycles?
August 01, 2016
Innovative Stakeholder Engagement for Two Business Membership Organisations in Mozambique
Phase 1: a) Identify, cost the development of and assess appropriate ICT mechanisms (e.g. internet, smartphones, SMS, etc) for engaging ANJE and ACIS members more effectively in BE dialogue; and b) produce ToRs for Phase 2.
Phase 2: a) Following development and testing of the chosen mechanism, provide a fully working technology-based mechanism for both ANJE and ACIS; and b) produce (in partnerships with the organisations) an implementation and outreach plan to ensure effective use of the mechanism.
August 01, 2016
Mozambique: Technical Support Diagnostic – Youth Entrepreneurship, Renewable Energy, Forestry Sector
The Objectives of these Diagnostic Studies are:
- To undertake a general BE diagnostic to identify economy-wide constraints to doing business in Mozambique.
- To undertake sector-specific diagnostics of the BE, focusing on three priority sectors: agriculture (cassava, cashew nuts and pigeon peas), forestry and construction.
- To identify specific BE constraints faced by young entrepreneurs (15-35 years), as part of the general BE diagnostic.
- To undertake a sector-specific diagnostic of the BE for the off-grid renewable energy sector.
- To develop prioritised specific policy recommendations to GoMoz for general and sector-specific BE reform to integrate into their National Policy Action Plan.